Sunday, August 17, 2008

baby jude keeps on growin

Baby Jude is almost 3 months old. He was born on May 27th. Up close I think he looks like such a cute chubby boy now instead of a tiny baby.

chilly mornings deserve a hat
jude's cute chub face
But then when I see my child lying asleep or watch someone else hold him, I realize again that he's still a tiny infant...born not that long ago.
Jude snoozing on the couch

Baby Jude is quite a smiler when he wakes up from naps or in the morning. He grins and squeals. It is adorable! When I carry him from room to room, its almost like he has to catch his breath because it so amazing for him. He makes a sound like 'kuh' and looks mesmerized.

Jude also loves to laugh and smile at ceiling fans and lights.

He even smiled at me two nights ago when I was putting him to bed. He was getting a bit fussy and fussed on the changing table. But as soon as I laid him on his swaddle in the crib and started to fix it, he got a huge grin!

It is still amazing, even though friends told me this happened with their children, how Baby Jude can appear wide awake with big eyes. But when we put him in the crib sometime between 8 and 9 pm he will fall asleep quickly. Some nights without making a peep on the baby monitor. All we hear is the ocean wave sound effects from the noise machine near his crib.
Other times he does cry and we have to go in and turn on the mobile, or stick in the pacifier.

1 comment:

  1. kara and greg, belated congratulations! he is beautifullllllllll. you know how you get a little nervous when a friend says, look at these pics of my baby? 'cuz maybe the baby ain't gonna be so cute, and you gotta fake politeness?! NOT THE CASE HERE! somebody call the gerber casting department. seriously he is precious. but more than that, i am privileged to have been around you guys during the years of struggle and heartache. but, God had the perfect gift for you at the perfect time. and now we can all just praise Him!!! i'm so so thrilled to see the beautiful family He's blessed you guys with. and Jude and I now share a birthday month...and my life verse is from the book of Jude. it's verse 21. 'keep yourself in the love of God...' that's my prayer for your baby boy, for all the days of his life!

    blessings from Israel,
    darren

    ReplyDelete