Monday, July 20, 2009

busy baby = busy mommy

little jude is quickly becoming a busy baby. when he is on the ground he seems to find the most efficient crawling trajectory towards the one or 2 items we least want him to grab. today it was the dog bone which greg had to reclaim for george. last week he made his first foray into opening the kitchen cabinets and helping empty them. kara feels constantly on-call, even more than in the past, because now jude is mobile.

he enjoys walking when we help hold him up. but jude has a few items to cross off on the checklist before he walks:

1) I cannot let go in mid-air and expect to stay standing when I still move like a drunken sailor
2) I cannot turn and grab the next item of furniture when it is farther than my arms will reach. If I do I will fall
3) I cannot expect to stand up if I don't like moving from crawling into a sitting position
4) If I drop the magazines I have just torn up on the ottoman I must bend my body when I decide I want to nosedive and continue playing with them on the floor.
4) Mommy is not ready for me to walk because at least with crawling she has a chance of catching me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment