Tuesday, September 4, 2012

In recovery

Jude is in full day preschool two days a week. Our house is in full day recovery. I wish I knew the last time it was cleaned top to bottom. And don't let me fool you I will do that today. But at least I can tackle one pile, start laundry and sit and actually play with Harry. It's going to be a good day.

I just had time to actually crack open my bible. Today I read where Jesus talks about how a wheat seed has to "die" in the ground or else it's just a lonely seed. But if it "dies" it bears a lot of fruit. I am pondering what areas of my life may need a little "death" this fall. Is it my reluctance to do the work to build new friendships with moms, my strong desire to stay home with my boys even as I look for work, the things I look to for comfort?

On a lighter note Jude has made the transition to tiny Legos. If you are a mom of boys you know how huge this is. Despite them being a death trap for Harry, I am thrilled to find an activity he will do quietly for several hours. And it's something his dad enjoys playing with also. Looking forward to fall, block by block.

No comments:

Post a Comment