Monday, June 22, 2009

outdoors here we come!

For a long time as a mom I felt completely unable to get outside for many activities with Jude. Occasionally we'd have a good week where we took walks in the late afternoon more than 2 days that week. But trying to protect his nap schedule + 3 food feedings + nursing + anything else I had to get done = a very packed day.
I finally came to a point of desparation recently. I was feeling overwhelmed and lonely trying to process my job change and hampered by many nights of Jude not sleeping well at all. I ended up at a park near our house and had such a nice time. And I realize how much Jude likes to see other kids. He grins and stares.
This summer we are going to make an effort to get out more, a lot more.

Jude's first time on the swings


Grandpa Scott gave us a baby pool for Jude's 1st birthday. Greg jokingly calls it our 'zero depth' pool because the water rises to a whopping 5 inches maximum. When we finally had a warm, not rainy day recently, we gave Jude a chance to try it out.

Jude's private pool

It was especially helpful that day because Jude was Mr. Fussy. When he is not feeling well, our sweet, happy child gets whiny and clingy. The pool was a welcome break where he was happy and content, while we got to work off some our energy and slight parent frustration, in the garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment