Tuesday, April 21, 2009

its all about the container

A boy & his toys

Jude is really into putting toys on top of other things. His new habit is to take his basket of toys, dump them out, and stack toys on top of the overturned basket.


I emptied it myself!


In his crib this morning he was trying to put his plastic keys on top of the activity toy that's attached to his crib railing. Unfortunately it was not a flat surface so mom had to help.
Perhaps Jude will be an engineer like his dad?



Speaking of his future, I pray a brief prayer over Jude at bedtime some nights, often for help to be wise parents and for his spiritual and personal development. The other night I was praying that we, as his parents, would raise him in a way that allows him to be the man God has intended. We know that God can work through our struggles and joys we experience in our families growing up, but I guess I'd rather Jude have less struggles and more joy, than the average family, as much as it depends on us. As I write this it seems almost funny to be praying about the future for a 10 month old. But my mom always told me how my Grandma prayed for my brother and me, and how she believes God worked through those prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment