Wednesday, February 18, 2009

closer to boy


I'm getting a bit emotional writing this as the mom of my ever growing and developing baby. I so clearly see the turn in him moving from baby to toddler and beyond.
He sat last night in his high chair lunging and grabbing up hamburger, peas and potatoes. And earlier in the day, watching him scream and when he didn't have cheerios instead of vegetables.
Then last night before bed we sat on the ground, and instead of his gentle baby reach, explore, touch, chew. It was frantic, fast paced, moving from object to object, as he sat on the ground.
Jude just seems less babyish these days. And frankly I'm sad. I am so grateful he is growing and that I get to see him change day by day. and have the opportunity to be with him so much of the time.
super baby

I think we're going mobile soon. i'm not sure mommy's ready. But I have really, really enjoyed the sweet baby times we have. And his cheerful ways and grins. What a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment