Wednesday, September 10, 2008

darn the childproof caps

I've been reading baby books lately that say to supplement babies who are breastfed with extra Vitamin D. I called the doctor's helpline ( a helpful service where you can call in with any questions you have between 7 and 8 in the morning, and a real doctor answers) and they said sure enough, Jude should be taking his vitamins.


I went out and bought the stuff, called Tri-Vi-Sol. This morning I happily opened it to offer some to Jude while he was alert. But I can't get it open! The childproof cap has defeated me.

the adult proof "childproof" cap
This is not the first loss I have taken from childproof caps. After his shots, Jude was fussy and the 'infant' Tylenol also comes with a frustrating cap that takes extra time for mom who is already handling a screaming child.

Here's my thing: Why are these caps 'childproof' when other caps are not...like the little ones you try and keep on baby's head?

the un-childproof cap

Jude cannot even roll over, much less roll, crawl, and grab his baby vitamin bottle. And he will only take these until he begins solid food. Why not make it easier on parents and fix this situation? And can someone design a hat that stays on without cheesy, ugly straps?

These are the ponderings of a tired mommy

Jude fussing for a slightly 'cap' related issue


1 comment:

  1. Brilliant question. When you figure out the answer, please let me know. William has lost his hat twice in a row while out in the jogging stroller with me. Next time, I think some duct tape is in order.

    ReplyDelete