Friday, January 20, 2012

remember when...

harry sat by himself for a few brief seconds today with dad's hands close by. it makes my heart sink just a little to realize this tiny cuddly baby is quickly growing up. soon he'll be crawling away. dang.

we had fun at breakfast this morning showing jude a classic video of him learning to sit up. he would sit for one second, get a big grin and then purposefully topple over backwards onto the soft blanket behind him.
I should remember this early glimpse into jude's personality. He still is the kid who will sit for one second or play for 20 seconds, before he gets a smile and begins to bash or mash the thing he's building, or worse, I'm building. I guess I can't claim I didn't know what was coming way back at six months old...i just didn't realize it at the time.
I think I need to learn to laugh more at his antics now like I did with sitting up. Cause after all, he sits up fine now. So I imagine one day he will build tall creations, roll or design trucks instead of tossing them, and yes, even color recognizable shapes.

by the way, i've been inspired, encouraged by a blog I came across through facebook friends recently. http://momastery.com/blog/ sometimes i feel left hanging when i am too honest in my writing or sharing with others. nice to see there are lots more women hanging out there with me.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE honest moms! Thanks for keeping it real :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete