Tuesday, March 22, 2011

slice of summer memories

We finally got to enjoy the fruits of our trip to Door County, Wisconsin last summer. I have had two jars of berry pie filling sitting on my kitchen table since that time. You should know that I am clueless and unable to compute how to make pie crust. That, combined with the last year of caring for Jude and dealing with IVF stuff left the pie project on the shelf so to speak. But atlast it is done. And it was good.
the door county pie

I pulled out my Joy of Cooking tombe for instructions on how best to crimp and prepare my store-bought crust. Funny right? One suggestion I did take was to cut shapes out of excess dough. The hearts were a cute touch.
I found the pie a bit tart. But Greg says it reminds him of the pies his grandmother used to make. A high compliment indeed.

And here's a look back at happy Jude during our door county trip last august.
biker boy

The farms, the water and the small towns make it a place we hope to return to in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment