Friday, December 26, 2008

baby's 1st christmas

"For unto us a child is given"

Baby Jude celebrated his first Christmas at home with his family. It was funny to wake up and tell him that today, on christmas, we were celebrating another baby. I actually tried to summarize the Christmas and the gospel story to him in simple terms. And then...I realized how simple and even somewhat foolish it all sounds.

Jude & George Christmas morning

Along those lines, Greg and I were talking about our favorite contemporary Christmas songs. I think mine is by a group called 4Him and the chorus is "This is such a strange way to save the world". The Bible's story of God sending his son to be born a baby on christmas takes on new reality for me as I finally hold a son of my own this year.

So back to Jude. He 'helped' open several gifts this year.

Jude helps with his gift
It consisted of:
Hold Up Gift bag, baby grab tissue paper and put in mouth. Remove tissue paper, replace pacifier. baby spit out pacifier and regrab tissue paper. remove tissue paper, baby cry.

On one of his large wrapped gifts, Jude helped rip off the wrapping paper. His little 'pincher grip' as they call it is quite strong and he is a determined baby when he grabs on.

I can't wait to eat that paper

Also another highlight today--- Jude sat without being supported in the kitchen for a bit...with daddy's hands at the ready and mom nervously watching.
I can sit

Its amazing how much stronger he is becoming. Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment