Monday, October 20, 2008

schedule smedule

I'm happy to report the adjustment to baby jude's new less-scheduled life is going well.


It may sound silly to you, but I've been feeding him on a 2.5-3.5 hour schedule since he was born. It was a major adjustment to step back from that. Mainly because I didn't want to see a child who had to meltdown before mommy understood he was hungry or tired.
There have been a few more inconsolable screamy moments the past few days. But that may have more to do with traveling, missing naps, etc.
I am hopeful today that we have turned a corner and can relax and enjoy baby jude's growth.
Its very nice today that when he fell asleep at the grocery store I can bring him home and let him sleep contentedly, for as long as he wants. and not being doing the math in my head of how I will fit in his feedings before bedtime.
And speaking of bedtimes... that is still in flux. He was falling alseep on his own at 7, a week ago. But now it seems we're back to 8ish again with some consoling required. Regardless of when he goes down, he still is one of the calmest, sweetest babies I know. And yes I'm biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment