Tuesday, July 8, 2008

6 weeks old

Baby Jude joined our family six weeks ago at 5:04 pm. I've been writing in a journal my mom gave us. Here are snippets from Jude's first six weeks:

June 2, 2008 "I am on day 5 (Monday). Greg went back to work today and my mom is here. We have never eaten so well....
...Jude screamed, slept and fought for an hour not to feed. It is such a pain to learn this process when he can't talk and I'm an amateur.
At first pediatrician appointment I could barely talk I was so tired. I said "Jude has his c-section yesterday". Doctor and Greg looked at each other. Took me a moment to realize I meant circumcision. Ha Ha"

June 5, 2008 "Dealt with his first 'diaper rash' yesterday and gave him first real sponge bath. George (the dog) tried to help by bringing a toy. Jude love the foam bath pad but he pooped on it too.
Dad & Todd visited Jude. Uncle Todd held his nephew."

June 8, 2008 "Saturdays are awesome--Greg is here"

June 9, 2008 "Today(Monday) was my first day alone with Jude without Greg or my mom. Lord equip me to be a good mother-- to help his brain develop and help him to know you and love us. Help me remember all the things I should do to care for him."

June 14, 2008 "Baby Jude looks larger to me. I want him to stay small and cute forever"

June 16, 2008 "One of the many hospital bills arrived (insurance will cover) but its for $13,297.05 and that's just part of my expenses. Jude's alone were $2300."

June 19, 2008 "Just when I think Jude is looking at me and aware, he proves me wrong by trying to nurse the pillow instead of facing me."

June 20, 2008 "Jude is a little snorer when he sleeps. Its so cute."

June 29, 2008 "Today we are having a day of rest so mommy cries less. We are still learning how to balance each other's needs for rest and time together on the weekend now that baby is here."

July 2, 2008 "He's discovered his fist and loves to chew it, even more than the pacifier sometimes. He makes cute smiles, a few 'coos' and lots of noise. "

July 7, 2008 "Somehow he grew eyelashes and I missed it. They are adorable and blond--like his wisps of hair. He has hair all over his head but has a concentrated mop on the very top. Its like that one curl of hair they always draw on cartoon babies."

No comments:

Post a Comment